Tuesday 15 January 2013

* "Navarro's Notes' "Never Forgotten" 3rd Installment: "YCDT On TV" *



If you were growing up in the 1980's then you had a chance to catch this classic sketch comedy show. I loved it watching it when I grew up in Rexdale. I wish that it was airing right now on Television. This classic Canadian produced show aired from 1979 to 1990, for 10 years it went on. There was never a dull moment! If there was, then..."I don't know"...ooooopppppssssssss!!!:


That's right! LOL. If you said that buzz word on the show then you would get slimed. It was great! Sometimes, on the show they would make a big thing of it if you said that word and never got slimed. There was even a delay or the idea that "ha ha! I said it and nothing happened" Even saying "I don't know" over and over then get as many times slimed as you would say "I don't know". It was so funny! No one was ever exempt from getting the green on the dome. Look at some of the victims below:


This was one of those trademarks of this classic show that made it enjoyable to watch. I never got tired seeing people getting slimed. I often wondered too if "He-Man"'s "Slime Pit" action figure set came from the the concept of this show:


 

The show produced some well known stars as well, including: 







 & most notably in 1986, 


Some of the great things about the show that I remember too 
is the backbone of the show who was there from start to finish, 
the late Les Lye

 
Les' "Barth's Burgers"


Les' "Firing Squad"


The Locker Room


The Slime, Water & Pies


A Young Alanis Morissette


Abby Hagyard's Crazy Character

&


Before I close out this note. I have enclosed some funny short clips from the show. 
Have a look:


 
 

 

 


Everyone, this was fun talking about one of my favorite shows of all time. For more information on this great show go to this great website here. I want to thank Roger Price the creator of "You Can't Do That on Television". You gave me years of great viewing pleasure along with your loyal fan base that tuned in for over a decade. Thank you, you and your show will:
Never Be Forgotten!


___________________________________________________________________________

* Until Next Time, Check Back For More *
___________________________________________________________________________